Panoramas / Churches and belfries

Reformed Fortress Church


There might have been a dense oak forest in Kálnok’s place. This can be deduced from the five hundred-year-old oak trees remaining in the Unitarian cemetery as silent witnesses, as well as from the names of Csere-forest and the Csere-peak.  The village, famous for its plum brandy and fruit production, has two churches, both valuable monuments.

At the entrance to the village, a Reformed Church with stonewalls and next to it, a shingle-roofed wooden belfry built in 1781 drawing our attention. The recently restored church dates back to the 15th century. There is a sundial on the southern part of its stone fence.