Loading...
Panoramas / Churches and belfries

Orthodox Church

Nadășa

Görgénynádas/Nadăşa, famous for its highly valuable monument church, is situated southeast from Szászrégen/Reghin, 12 km from the town, along the 153 county road, 400 m above sea level. In the course of history, the village administratively belonging to Alsóbölkény/Beica de Jos, had the greatest number of inhabitants, 574, in 1941. At that time the religious division of the population used to be as follows: 452 Orthodox, 101 Greek Catholic, 12 Reformed and 9 Roman Catholic. In 2002 out of its 282 inhabitants 280 declared themselves Orthodox. 

The time of building the wooden church consecrated to Saint Nicholas is dated to 1712. According to a surviving inscription, the church was built in time of starvation, when people ate hawthorn, hazelnut and elm bark in order to survive. The small church with a wooden tower, covered with shingles, figures in the record of monuments under no. LMI: MS-II-m-A-15733. Its wooden entrance gate also forms part of the monument.




SPONSORS

Sponsors