Loading...
Panoramas / Churches and belfries

Roman Catholic Church

Valea Crișului
The name of the settlement, Valea Crişului/Sepsikőröspatak was already mentioned in the papal tithing register in 1332. Built on the hill located in the northern area of the village, the church was given its present shape between 1859-1869. Fragment of a valuable fresco dating back to the Middle Ages was revealed in its semi-circular sanctuary in 1890. The cloistered apostle gallery was allegedly built in the 14th century; meanwhile the old church-bell was cast in Braşov/Brassó in 1512. The redoubtable building of the neighboring school was built in 1891 at the request of countess Kálnoky, and was run up until 1948 by nuns belonging to St. Vince’s order.


SPONSORS

Sponsors