Panoramas / Churches and belfries

Reformed Church


Mărtineni/Kézdimartonfalva is located on the right bank of the river Feketeügy (rom. Râul Negru), between Hătuica/Hatolyka and Mărcuşa/Kézdimárkosfalva. As St. Martin was the patron saint of the old Catholic church, the local legends claim that the name of the settlement must have included „St. Martin”, as well (e.g. Szentmártonfalva or Kézdiszentmárton.

The boarded ceiling of the Protestant church, with its late renaissance features (1754) on the western side, is a real eye-candy for the visiting tourists. The baroque-like coffers of the eastern side were painted during the expansion of the church in 1824. The tower of the church was built in 1778.